Friday 2 September 2011

A little about me before I concentrate on more interesting stuffs


(No unfortunately I don't live at a farm - this is a holiday pic! Yes that's Jodrell Bank in the background :-))


So that's me above and a brief intro follows..

So I see plenty of groundhopper blogs are about - and as someone who travels to other grounds now and again I thought I couldn't really call myself that, as most weeks I'm watching Mossley! Most groundhoppers seem to focus far too much on pub reviews from what I notice.. so as someone who gets trains and buses to a ground, goes direct to it and directly back home most of the time, I'm hoping what I write will be a different slant and less self indulgent (yes I know this intro is very self indulgent but this will be a rarity I swear!)

So last season I went to the following team's grounds: Mossley, Stalybridge Celtic, Hyde, Woodley Sports, Glossop North End, Curzon Ashton, Ashton United, Garforth Town, Harrogate Railway Athletic, Lancaster City, Manchester City (so it won't forever be non league!)

This season I've so far just been to Mossley home matches, but will be going to similar grounds as above depending on finances and what lands on Saturday afternoons (Tuesday night matches difficult when in a 9 till 5 job).

As well as non league I also have a ticket to see Man City EDS (reserves/youth) vs Barcelona youth at Hyde's ground in a few weeks (might see a future massive star, the likes of Iniesta, Fabregas and Messi have all played for that youth team in the past), and to see an Olympic football quarter final at Old Trafford in the summer of 2012 (same scenario in a way could be some future big stars on show), and I'm hoping to see Man City at home at some point when I can afford it (or if my manager surprises me with offer of a free ticket as he can't go as he did for Man City vs Tottenham last year!) and possibly some other higher profile games, we'll see how the season pans out.

Enough about me now, self indulgent first post done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment