Saturday 5 May 2012

Blog's back

So... for over half a season I updated this blog several times a week, with match reports and general football ground info. Then it all came to an abrupt end. Why?

Well - I began this with a focus on local non league games, but in truth got a little bored with purely focusing on that. After becoming disillusioned with following Mossley, I wanted to follow a higher level of football on a regular basis.

I watch Man City when the opportunity comes up, but I've mainly become a big Bolton Wanderers fan.  I still watch matches in the lower leagues and in non league - but I'm relishing having a local team to follow whilst also enjoying a big atmosphere and going to and from matches in a huge crowd.

How's that relevant to the blog stopping? Basically writing match reports for games involving the premier league and other football league teams feels a bit like a pointless losing battle against all the other sources. It initially made sense reporting on lower non league matches that had little/no other attention, it gave a chance of getting viewers. But I just don't get the buzz, build-up, post match reaction etc to make it feel worth doing every Saturday and midweek, it just doesn't feel rewarding and especially not worth paying for the train journeys.

So why am I bringing it back? Although it's not been updated it since early February, I'm still getting a regular stream of views each day, mainly photo views, and I guess it seems a shame to let it all go to waste.

I guess I'm going to try to make this more opinionated, as focusing on match reports got very systematic. I have no idea how this'll go but figure there's little to nothing to lose with giving it another go.

2 comments:

  1. ... so I guess I won't see you @ Lower Hopton v Kirkburton (West Riding County Amateur League) this afternoon !! Must admit - mine started as purely (non-league)football ... but then branched out into all sorts of old guff. Good luck with finding your way forward - whichever way you go !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Mike - My plan for next season is to get a Bolton season ticket (whether that's in the Premier League or Championship!), and then pop along to see other league and non league matches when I'm not at Bolton - so not abandoning non league as such, just not concentrating on it any more.

    ReplyDelete